Before I Leave, Brunch at Valanni's


It's a bit embarrassing, to say the least, that the majority of my to-do-one-last-time-in-Philly list is comprised of activities that encourage my gorging on super tasty high calorie meals. I guess this is how we've become one of the fattest cities of America.
This is Valanni's grilled romaine salad. But don't let the salad fool you into thinking that it's good for you. It's doused with roasted peppers, applewood smoked bacon, parmesan encrusted polenta croutons, and a creamy chipotole caesar dressing. Think fat on grilled lettuce. It's delicious.
And when at Valanni's, one must have a second meal immediately following brunch...I also had their caramelized rum bananas dessert: crispy cinnamon phyllo cup (although I think they forgot the cinnamon), toasted coconut, crushed walnuts (I think they missed these, too) and vanilla bean ice cream. The waitress said, "I've never seen anyone finish that dessert" when she took away my empty plate. Um, ditzy waitress friend - did you NOT see the remaining phyllo cup on the plate?
Rolling out of a restaurant is never a pleasant experience, but enjoying a scrumptious brunch with a make-you-laugh-until-your-sides-hurt friend is simply delightful, especially on a Sunday afternoon after you busted your behind hauling all your earthly possessions into a third story storage unit in the biggest metropolis of America.
0 burbles:
Post a Comment