Saturday, August 22, 2009

Blueberry Muffins Are Magical

The blueberry soup didn't happen, but that was no surprise given the massive amount of work involved in producing a single batch of the heavenly stuff. To cheer myself up, I made sure fresh muffins made an appearance. I used one of Martha Stewart's recipes and I'm very pleased that my first batch of blueberry muffins - from scratch! - turned out so well.

Unfortunately for me, I have to find some folks who'll take them off my hands because they'll just sit around otherwise. Maybe I can freeze a couple, but that still leaves more than half a dozen. Where does one find friends who will eat baked goods without immediately wallowing in their own guilt? Because I don't have any of them and would like one with whom to eat yummy treats all day.

So there you have it: if you won't launch into a soliloquy on the extra calories you'll have to burn on your half marathon run tomorrow to compensate for the muffin, you are welcome to come on over for a berry tasty muffin...or two or three or four.

1 comment:

  1. "Unfortunately for me, I have to find some folks who'll take them off my hands because they'll just sit around otherwise."

    You could always send a food parcel to a certain half-starved, er, but portly English gentleman!

    ReplyDelete