Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Hallelujah and Please Hold The Cumin

Friends, I am up and at it.

BOO-YA.

It must have something to do with your kind wishes. And also maybe the fact that it's been five whole days since the day that went down in history as the day when THE ANESTHESIA DID NOT WORK. Time really is the best healer. And childbirth? Yeah, I'll be begging the docs to knock me out and wake me when the kid is out and everything's healed. I know: I'm totally mom of the year material.

As it turns out, it IS a blessing that there is all of six square feet of walkable space in our kitchen. It means that I can shuffle two feet there, two feet back, two feet to the left, and back, and whip up a batch of cookies without the possibility of overexerting myself.

If only I could report that the process of getting the ingredients down from the cupboards was as easy. I mean, you can't make cookies without brown sugar, the brown sugar sitting on the highest shelf...

But not higher than the panini press which I absolutely HAD to get down because how else would I make my lunch quesadilla? It was totally worth the twenty minutes to get up and down from that wooden chair. Thank you, IKEA.

Between batches of dough going in and out of the oven, I just may have been grilling some red onions (that panini press is a renaissance machine) and handling some cumin which is quite delicioso with black beans and corn, but maybe not so much with David Liebovitz chocolate chip cookies. I baked these sans walnuts (yuck) as a thank-you, but I may have to present them tomorrow as Mexican chocolate chip cookies.

1 comment: