Real Pistachio Ice Cream Isn't Green
I've gotten picky about my ice cream. It tastes funny unless it's Haagen-Dazs or Italian gelato from one of those pricey places that churn out fresh batches daily using only natural ingredients. My hunch is that my mouth has problems with guar gum and carageenan, but I have nothing to prove that.
This week's freezing weather didn't stop me tonight when I stumbled upon the last two pints of pistachio Haagen-Dazs at my local grocery store. Score! I never find this flavor. Ironically, I was only in the grocery store in the first place to get bananas for a non-dairy ice cream recipe that's been popping up all over the place since this summer. Ha. I should have known better. I grabbed my finds and scampered to the checkout before anyone could possibly take one away. (I didn't put it past one of these brazen New Yorkers to ask for one since there weren't any more in that flavor.)
I returned home to watch tonight's disturbing new episode of Law & Order: SVU but not before scooping some of tonight's find into a rice bowl for the screening. It was one of the loveliest bowls of ice cream I had seen in a long time. I'm now officially distraught (how that show's writers come up with so many twisted characters and plots, I'll never know), but am heading off to bed anyway.
I returned home to watch tonight's disturbing new episode of Law & Order: SVU but not before scooping some of tonight's find into a rice bowl for the screening. It was one of the loveliest bowls of ice cream I had seen in a long time. I'm now officially distraught (how that show's writers come up with so many twisted characters and plots, I'll never know), but am heading off to bed anyway.
0 burbles:
Post a Comment