Monday, February 15, 2010

100% Banana Nana Fo Fana

Have I ever mentioned that Haagen-Dazs is doing the world a great disservice by not selling banana ice cream?  Well, they are.


Drool-worthy endorsements of this all natural banana ice cream took over the blogosphere this past summer.  I bravely tried my hand at making some yesterday (this was about as exciting as my lone Lunar New Year celebration got).  It's nothing more than pureed frozen bananas.  Really.  All I added were a few drops of water to help the blending action along.  It turned out very smooth; creamier than sorbet, but not even close to the creaminess of the real stuff.  Next time, I'm going to add a couple tablespoons of heavy cream to get it closer to ice cream status.

Haagen-Dazs: Call me when you get your act together and add a proper banana ice cream to your line.  By the way, if you add walnuts or chocolate, I will call you Ben (or Jerry) and will be forced to put our relationship on hold until further notice.

0 burbles:

Post a Comment