Thursday, March 11, 2010

Gift For The Feets



I zipped through Daffy's yesterday looking for rainboots.  Like a big girl, I suppressed the urge to pout when the employee confirmed that they were out.  I reluctantly made my way out of the store, but not before spotting this pair of flats.

In the name of adopting new habits, I made it a point to have these babies go on my feet TODAY, not six months from now when they magically surface from the bottom of my closet untouched still in the box.  It's happened more than I'd care to admit.

You see, I have a terrible time breaking in shoes.  The task requires blood, sweat, tears, and too many moleskin sheets and bandaids to count.  I can't just frolic around in new shoes, at least not without first enduring days of pain and scarring my feet in the process.  This is why I'd rather admire pretty shoes from afar than bring them home with me.  It's less painful that way.

Imagine my surprise when I wore these today FOR TEN HOURS STRAIGHT.  But that's not all.  Ten hours straight WITHOUT A SINGLE CUT OR BLISTER.  Awesome.  Don't get me wrong: wearing these was nothing like walking on clouds, but I could endure the discomfort enough that I didn't switch into the back-up shoes I had brought.  Awesome.

Rain will grace Manhattan with her presence for the next few days and me still without proper footwear.  Here's to hoping that I'll find something rubbery and galosh-y soon.  Preferably a pair without bright pink polka dots or ladybugs...because I'm just not mature enough to pull that off.

4 comments: