Try To Follow Clockwise, If You Are So Inclined
I'm going to stop turning down alcohol, but only because Mr. Walker has stared me down every day since Christmas. The presence of fine whisky in your home can do strange things to a girl.
WWII England was like a gal's best friend - she gave great advice. Cheerio.
Jo Malone kind of rocks my world. I will know the minute I meet my future husband because he will smell of one of their woody cedar scents. There was one particular cedar-y cologne, a limited release in the fall of 2008 (or was it the spring of 2009?), that was particularly heavenly.
Sometimes I wish I owned a sparkly Blackberry in a fun color. It would kick my ugly grey practical Samsung Alias to the curb.
One of the three buttons on my winter coat fell off on Tuesday and I still haven't gotten around to sewing it back on. There's just no motivation when the weekend forecast calls for clear blue skies and a cool fifty degrees. Hello, Spring? Is that you?
Where does Penn get off mass mailing an alumni magazine pegged as "The Food Issue?" Is that, of all the possibilities, stir fry gracing the front cover? How novel. Let's not talk about how the closest class even remotely related to gastronomy on that campus is probably some mandatory first-year med school course about the anatomy of the mouth and stomach.
I quite enjoy picnic-style hodge podge meals comprised of whatever's in the fridge...even if a look at my plate might suggest that my palate resembles that of a toddler. Yes, that's styrofoam. Someone had the nerve to buy a pack of styrofoam plates because it was cheaper than paper. The gall. Then three people used all of three plates at the event. I went ape shit about the plight of our earth and really, was it worth saving a whole two dollars? Now the unfortunate plates sit quietly in my kitchen as I try to use them up one by one. I cringe every time I toss one in the trash.
I quite enjoy picnic-style hodge podge meals comprised of whatever's in the fridge...even if a look at my plate might suggest that my palate resembles that of a toddler. Yes, that's styrofoam. Someone had the nerve to buy a pack of styrofoam plates because it was cheaper than paper. The gall. Then three people used all of three plates at the event. I went ape shit about the plight of our earth and really, was it worth saving a whole two dollars? Now the unfortunate plates sit quietly in my kitchen as I try to use them up one by one. I cringe every time I toss one in the trash.
If you can make it past all the features in the Gazette and get to the alumni notes, you might see a few people you know!
ReplyDelete