Saturday, April 24, 2010

While Waiting For The Train


They've been doing mysterious track work on the 2/3 express line every weekend for longer than I can remember, even when I was a mere visitor to this city five years ago.  As a result, what's just three stops on the express during the week turns into a gazillion on the local every Saturday.  Ok, I'm exaggerating.  It's more like half a gazillion.  But even before you board, you have to wait for the train to come.  Man, is it lonely underground standing on a berth alone with no friends or an iPod to fill the mind space.

I know you're all wondering what's in that there glaring white plastic bag.  That would be a beautiful box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch to mix with my Cheerios (I'd prefer Kix if only I weren't too cheap to pay the EIGHT DOLLARS AND NINETY-SEVEN CENTS to the local grocery store for a box of the pale pearls of crunch).  My friend Chong introduced the concept of mixing breakfast cereals, a super sweet one with one that isn't, a while back during one of my visits to my hometown.  People, make friends with your girlfriends' husbands because they can offer life-altering advice on relationships.  Most importantly, on relationships with your cold cereal.  After all, breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

2 comments:

  1. My mom always insisted that we mix sweet cereals with Cheerios. I thought it was lame but now it's my preferred way to eat Fruit Loops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that shot, Julia. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete