Friday, July 16, 2010

The Yah'-Moes at Parque de las Leyendas

When I couldn't locate the section of the zoo where the native llamas were chilling out, I stopped a passing groundsman pushing a wheel barrow and asked "Donde esta los llamos?"  No, that is not a typo.  I actually said yah'-moes.  What the frick is a yah'-moe?  Embarrassed, I rolled my eyes and the sweet groundsman and I laughed together, although he was probably laughing more at me than with me.

When I finally found the llamas, they were chilling with the alpacas.  Calm as can be, the llamas just stood there. Their sole responsibility...to look cute.  But the alpacas were pretty cute, too.  There was this really feisty one.  He maniacally dropped himself to the ground, rolled himself around in the dirt a few times over, and then quickly jumped back up only to shake his body for a good ten seconds straight letting loose a great cloudy sphere of brown dirt all around him.  And then he'd do it all over again.  It was like a little dance.

Zoos can be a little sad with all the bars and cages, but sometimes the furry cuteness makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside which in turn cancels out the sadness just a smidgen, just enough to make you enjoy your visit.



0 burbles:

Post a Comment