Please Help Yourself To Some Cookies
Recipe here
I was committed to making chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches this afternoon. Ok, technically it was yesterday afternoon because I see that's it's nearly six in the morning and I just haven't gone to bed yet but that's neither here nor there. My plan was to bake, assemble, freeze, and wrap each sandwich individually in wax paper. How cute would that have been? Totally cute. Except:
(1) There was no more Edy's Slow Churned vanilla at the store. It's the only reduced calorie ice cream I like. For those skeptics out there, I will have you know that a Wisconsonian (that is, "one who hails from Wisconsin," the state where they do frozen dairy RIGHT) turned me onto it so you know it's good.
(2) The cookies turned out humongous. The first batch came out of the oven resembling Levain {+} cookies a little too much so I flattened out my scoops in the batches thereafter. Better, but still too thick for my ice cream sandwich vision. By the way, Levain raised their prices to $4 per cookie last summer. Thank you, Oprah. I haven't been since but they may have gone up even more.
So no chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches this round. Instead, I have huge honking cookies made from a batter I lovingly and tirelessly hand-mixed with a whisk for nine minutes instead of an electric blender for five minutes as the recipe called for. Because that's what you do when you don't own a Kitchen Aid.
Maybe my brother will let me drop off a few cookies later today at his office. He's only ten blocks away from here. Maybe I can sneak some banana bread in the container, too, because I sorta made that right before the cookies. I know: I'm crazy.
0 burbles:
Post a Comment