Tuesday, July 26, 2011

"Is That Perfume You're Wearing?"

"Or do you just naturally smell like biscuits?"


I love me some sitcoms.  You know that.  I have Rosie and Dan of Roseanne and Carrie and Doug of King of Queens on standby for when I need a good deep laugh, but lately, I've been getting up close and personal with My Wife and Kids.  Just as I clicked the "New Post" button to start writing here tonight, I heard the teenage son of the family blurt out this pick-up line to his high school love interest.  Naturally, I had to use it as my title.  I mean, really, it doesn't get any smoother than that.

I've finally finished laughing enough so that I can type, but Junior's line completely distracted me and now I don't remember whatever really important point(s?) I was going to write about.  


Oh, that's right.  I might have had a few choice words to share on the debt ceiling debacle.  Mainly, that the bipartisan system is biting us in our asses.  Deeply.  Why can't we reach an agreement?  And why aren't more people panicking?  I'm usually more nervous tha...

Um.  What's going on?  Some flipping naked guy just ran across my computer screen.  I think he came from a Zappos advertisement from another open window.

Note to Zappos' Marketing Division: If you're going to have a flabby man step out of an ad box and run across my screen while I'm trying to blog, at least make it a stud (might I recommend Taye Diggs?), not someone who reminds me of the PC guy in the Mac commercials.  

Oh, gees.  There he goes again.  I can't take my eyes off of him.  He's stepping out from the ad box, running awkwardly across my screen, and running back to the ad space, all while trying to cover himself with a poster.  I.  Can't.  Stop.  Staring.

I think I'll take this as my cue to go to bed, but not before closing the window that's housing the Zappos ad.

1 comment:

  1. I think that's the same ad that keeps distracting everyone in Washington and is keeping them from reaching a debt ceiling deal.

    That would explain so much.

    ReplyDelete