That's Morimoto
I hadn't had a celebrity moment since Paul McCartney brushed right past me with his hand stuffed down the back of his girlfriend's pants heading into the Hampton Chutney Company on the UWS this past spring. (Have you had their dosas? They're pretty tasty.) They were like two young lovebirds. It was sweet, minus the public buttock cupping, although it was more like buttock massaging. Two days later they officially announced their engagement and then I forgave them their public display of affection. Sort of.
But Paul McCartney ain't no Iron Chef Morimoto! You might recognize him from the Food Network.
The Japanese chef and restaurateur put on a neat cooking demonstration and Q&A. He's a funny guy and engages with the crowd easily. He told us that his chef at his restaurant in New York, who was assisting him on stage, was not Japanese (he was white), but that his girlfriend was. Ha.
I have a bit of a crush on him. Lucky you!
ReplyDeleteAlthough I wouldn't eat half the things he creates (for religious reasons) I think he is an absolute master at what he does. I have never seen anyone beat him on Iron Chef America!
ReplyDelete