Life-Changing.
No, life changed. Because the life-changing has officially happened. Twice: once last night at dinner and now again at lunch. I'm talking about a few spearmint leaves with two large basil leaves julienned and sprinkled about crunchy romaine and baby greens. It's delicious! It's the new reason to do a little dance around here. A crumble of very mild feta (I don't like the sharp kind) and a slab of lightly pan fried tilapia, and lunch is on.
I'm pretty sure the people looking out their office windows across the way right now think I'm really weird to be shoving greens into my mouth while taking pictures of my plate on the windowsill. But weirder things have happened, like Monday afternoon when a man ran by me on Fifth Avenue decked out in full jogging gear, running in his bare feet.
People, wear shoes when you go running in the city. And toss some confetti pieces of basil and mint into your crunchy salads. It's awesome. I promise.
I understand the whole barefoot running thing. I did it but in Ohio on a grass soccer field - perfectly manicured and no worry about contracting hepatitis. I saw a couple running barefoot in my neighborhood during the summer and it grossed me out. That's what those funny frog-men shoes are for! Ew ew ew. :)
ReplyDelete