I'm For Serious
Please, won't someone pay me to bake and assemble sweet goody bags all the live long day?
Earl Grey Tea Cookies
(supposed to yield 2 dozen, but time and again, this recipe yields closer to 30-35 for me)
1 tablespoon of earl grey tea (4 bags)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup AP flour
*****************
1/2 cup butter (1 stick) at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon water
Blend dry ingredients together in a food processor. Add the remaining 3 wet ingredients to the dry mixture and mix until combined. Roll dough into log, maybe around 1 1/2 inch diameter, wrap with wax or parchment paper. Chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes. While it's chilling, preheat oven to 375F. Remove chilled dough from the fridge and slice into 1/4 inch rounds. Place onto cookie sheet and bake for 11-12 minutes, just until they're brown on the bottom. Move to cooling rack immediately - if you keep them on the pan, they'll get too toasty brown fast.
This looks amazing. I am impressed by your baking and packaging skillz. (Yes, that's right. SKILLZ.)
ReplyDeleteDude, any tedious task of assembling wee little things, I'M YO' LADY.
DeleteThey look so beautiful Julia! Plus you have combined two of by very favourite things - earl grey tea and well, we call them biscuits here. Very envious of the recipients of your good bags (which you should certainly make all the live long day).
ReplyDeleteBISCUITS. Love it. I need to get myself to Australia.
Delete