Uncool
Girl who was clearly irked working at a NYC Crumbs {+} counter this afternoon, make note: when you said that the cappuccino cupcakes were identical to the tiramisu except that they had coffee buttercream filling while the other had vanilla, YOU WERE WRONG. This cupcake, the cappuccino one, has CHOCOLATE cake. The tiramisu does not. That's a big difference. Somehow, given your unfriendly disposition from the second I walked in, I'm thinking that you already knew this and deliberately lied about it.
Frankly, my stomach has been very unkind lately. I really had no business with a cupcake anyway. So, I guess you did my gastrointestinal system a favor, but I still feel compelled to feel a bit peeved about the whole situation. Crumbs Cupcake 1, Julia 0.
Lucky for me, this three-day weekend is technically a four-day weekend because I scheduled a day off tomorrow. I shall take those extra twenty-four hours to do something for myself that will more than make up for this unfortunate cake incident.
love this. i even read it out loud to my husband because i liked it so much.
ReplyDeleteI trust that both you and Rob have experienced similar lovely NYC attitude behind the counter and can relate ;)!
Delete