Monday, August 18, 2008

Lola Restaurant


Lola Restaurant

15 Watts Street at Thompson

Bayou Pirogue: slow roasted eggplant boats stuffed with shrimp, crab, and andouille.

Sounds delicious, right?  Doesn't look too bad, right?  As pretty as the presentation may have been, I do not recommend blowing your money here.  Thanks to work obligations, this was the second time I've been but was sorely disappointed that the second dining experience was a repeat of the first one, except this time, there was a live blues band.  It wasn't the presentation or the menu itself - it was the delivery.  When the kitchen has problems delivering food in a timely manner, it all goes to hell in a handbasket.  The service was slow slow slow and the wait staff was brutish and inattentive.  The friendly owner welcomes all guests, but behind the kindest restaurant owners are their kitchens and if a kitchen doesn't run smoothly, the food's never good.

All is well because I didn't foot the bill.  

0 burbles:

Post a Comment