Thursday, November 12, 2009

Apple Muffins With Buttermilk

There are only so many things to do with leftover buttermilk, but cake is a good way to go. Can somebody please tell the dairy association of America to package the stuff in pint size containers??? None of us ever use an entire quart and it drives me crazy how this promotes wasteful habits.


//End tangent.//

I had been itching to make an apple cake with the granny smith apples we've accumulated in our fridge (yeah, we Koreans like our fruit chilled) so I found Smitten Kitchen's recipe for apple muffins. Despite my not having any whole wheat flour and neglecting to set aside a 1/4 cup of the sugar for sprinkling on top (oops), they turned out really well. Soeur and her friend weren't blown away, but I could have cared less.

Here is evidence of my shameless appetite: this recipe yielded 16 muffins on Friday. I gave 6 away. By Monday night, there were no more. That means that in four days, I had 10 muffins. Without. Any. Help. Wow...makes me wish my friend hadn't cancelled dinner on Friday. I was planning on unloading a half dozen of these bad boys on her and her husband. I'm not blaming them, just pondering what could have been.

0 burbles:

Post a Comment