Look Who Got Married
November 14, 2009.
There was a party.
It was rocking.
Literally.
Because we were on a boat.
On the Hudson.
I nearly lost my balance.
Several times.
The captain (or was he the mate?) wasn't so bad on the eyes.
I was pleasantly surprised to meet Miss Liberty once again.
Her torch shone brightly.
I couldn't remember the last time I had seen her.
Maybe on a school field trip long ago.
She looked well.
Looked like she was standing on water.
Like Jesus did.
So regal.
So tall.
The DJ pumped Indian dance music through the speakers.
I felt left out because I didn't know the words.
Even when the DJ repeated them through his mic.
The accent's hard to do.
Lady Liberty soon disappeared from our view.
Nisha looked happier than I had ever seen her.
(That's her hubs in the background.)

0 burbles:
Post a Comment