You Couldn't Slap This Smile Off My Face
2010 just got a little brighter.
I have a subscription to
The New Yorker.*
Huzzah! [Cue wild clapping of the hands.] Huzzah!
I don't know where or when I started using "huzzah," but it sounds pretty darned fun and celebratory, doesn't it?
This year of literary fun is courtesy of one little bro.
(edit://you mentioned this evening that you do know about and read this site!)
but for the record, I knew you were worth all those diaper changes and middle-of-the-night feedings.
And all that talk about those silly Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Now is as good a time as any to formally apologize about that one time when you wouldn't stop screaming your head off and I sorta tapped my foot gently on your head to see what would happen; but not before uhmmah caught me and I got a good old-fashioned memmeh (not one of we four children's Korean is very good, but you remember that means spanking, right?). I was six so you'll have to pardon my frustration.
I guess this is the kind of thing that happens when you finally finish school and start working full-time.
Go, paycheck!
Shish-boom-ba!
Gimme a "P!" Gimme an "A!" Gimme a "Y!" Gimme a - ok, I don't have the patience to write this cheer out.
The wait for the first issue could just about kill me.
Impatience?
My very own virtue.
* Woah. It took forever to color-format these letters.
The New Yorker rocks my world, but sadly, so does the Oprah magazine- is that bad?
ReplyDeleteBarb
Happy birthday, Miss Julia! I was hoping Rainbow might want to share a birthday with you, but she's not cooperating.
ReplyDeleteI'll be forgoing my subscription this year, since I'm no longer working. I'm sad! Enjoy your mags. They're really a treat.
ReplyDelete