Sunday, March 21, 2010

Hold On Tight To Your Muchness

I had been waiting for the release of Alice In Wonderland for years when I finally caught it on screen on Friday.  It was no surprise that Tim Burton's flick was a lot eerie and a little bit enchanting all rolled into one.  I was fully prepared for nothing more than a simple story line punctuated perhaps by occasional bits of brilliant strangeness, and that is exactly what Johnny Depp delivered in his role as the Mad Hatter.  At one point he says to Alice,


Magnificent.

There are several ways to interpret these words which is part of why I find it so charming, but I'm considering this: Everyone has a muchness and some muchness to some degree.  Some may show it better than others and some may be shyer about it, but everyone's got it.  I can't really pinpoint my own muchness, but whatever it is and however much I've got of it, I hope I don't lose it.  That would be a little less of what defines me and that, my friends, is worth holding onto with all my might.

0 burbles:

Post a Comment