This Kitchen's Churning Out Some Good Stuff
H-Mart sells this remarkable kit of fresh soup ingredients that we finally tried last night. You basically add water and toss in all the ingredients they've already chopped and prepped for you. Easter dinner was delectable. Just look at it.
Dae-gu mae-oon-tang (대구 매운탕) is one of my favorite Korean fish soups and it took less than fifteen minutes to get it onto the table. Fresh white fish, garlic, red peppers, squash, mushrooms, shrimp, scallions, etc. The only thing I added was a hefty block of tofu because anyone in the know will tell you that this spicy broth full of seafood-y goodness requires several thick slabs of it.
My struggle to bear the heat as gracefully as I once could reminded me that I don't have proper Korean food as frequently as I should. My stomach is so weak compared to when I was a kid when we had this level of spice for dinner nearly every night.
Ha-ha...we had om rice for Easter dinner! I'm so jealous that you have access to stuff like this. It looks delicious.
ReplyDelete