Korean Ramen
This is Neoguri ramen bubbling away on the stove. Say hello. Koreans treat ramen as a snack, never a meal, but I always thought that was kind of silly because it's more than enough for a full meal. It's chock full of sodium and MSG, but having grown up on ramen, I just can't beat enjoying a big hot bowl of this stuff whenever I'm in the mood.
After tossing the first batch of water to get rid of some of the oil from the fried noodles, I add fresh water along with whatever green vegetables are on hand, some scallions, and an egg. It's even better if I throw in a few slivers of kimchi and a few slices of jalapeno. Unless you prefer soggy soft noodles like me, be careful not to overcook them.
Wow! Never thought about throwing the first batch of water~~ It's neat how everyone has their own way of preparing ramen..
ReplyDeleteI like adding about a book load of nori sheets.!