Did You Feel That?
It was an EARTHQUAKE.
I was sitting at home writing on my computer during my lunch break and I felt the table and my chair shake. Then I looked at the pile of boxes to my left and they also were shaking. I got up and felt the floor of my apartment moving.
But I really had to pee, so I peed wondering if it was safe to be in a bathroom if this really were an earthquake. And then I returned to my computer to check the NYTimes. There was nothing reported. Had there been an earthquake on the East coast? Is that even possible? When did that last happen? Omg, did someone crash another plane into another high rise in New York and that's what I was feeling?
I texted Soeur a few minutes later wondering if I had imagined it. She felt it too all the way in Connecticut. 5.8 on the Richter scale, she texted back. There's no article on the Times front page yet, but there is this headline:
| BREAKING NEWS | Earthquake Strikes East Coast; Epicenter Near Richmond, Va., U.S. Geological Survey Says. |
Hi Julia, I *just* came onto your blog and saw this post. The AP has an article here: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5glXXMSE2akelnuYBbr8eSWnx5_GQ?docId=bfcc6ba3015c484f86ac771acab5d9a8
ReplyDeleteGlad you're safe!
So. Crazy.
ReplyDelete