A Message From The Sky
Did you know you could send e-mail from tens of thousands of feet above earth? I didn't until late this morning when Soeur sent a brief note en route to the West coast. The subject line was "Just flying over Utah..." The brevity of her message, "No big deal..." was irony at its best because she had attached this picture as well.

Photo taken by Soeur at 11:20-ish a.m. EST today, probably on her iPhone.
// edit 8/17/2011: Soeur is back and she says that she took this shot with her iPad!
// edit 8/17/2011: Soeur is back and she says that she took this shot with her iPad!
Helloooooooooo, Utah. Aren't you just stinking gorgeous? I don't know much about Utah, but I do know it's the Mormon mecca, Dooce {+} lives there, and every blogger in Utah or from Utah appears to be the sweetest and kindest person on earth. Seriously, can anyone explain the inordinate number of darling Utah bloggers? It's uncanny. Now that I think about it, every single person I've ever met who was raised in Utah was also sweet as pie. That land must be chock full of mountain air and sunshine and rainbows and fairy dust.
Anyway, I presume Soeur landed safely in California by now since she texted a few hours ago to ask if I thought it was safe to eat the chicken sandwich she had picked up at La Guardia this morning. Whatever she ended up eating, it better be substantial because based on her itinerary, it looks like she's drinking her way through California's wineries for the next several days. I wouldn't put it past her and her gang to attend wine tastings and fake-spit into the buckets. What I wouldn't give to be so talented!
Utah does look lovely there. If you ever make it out this way I'd love to take you out to lunch. :) By the way, I really like your new blog design!
ReplyDeletehaha love this post. it makes me proud to be a mormon!
ReplyDeleteFaith - you are what I'd call a case in point! I am all over Sundance like white on rice. One of these days, I will make it! And we should cook Korean for the kids. Bibimbap, maybe. Btw, that children's book Bibimbap by Linda Sue Park is a little bit awesome, if it's not already part of your kids' library.
ReplyDeleteSharon - didn't know you had the LDS connection. Here's a thought: maybe the correlation is not so much Utah, but the LDS thing. Either way, it is so uncanny!
Let me know when you come out for Sundance; we may have a guest room you can crash in (depending on the number of babies/if we finish our basement before then). All the better to have you close by so you can more easily cook me Korean food! :)
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, E has a copy of Bibimbap and loves it!