The Princess And The Pea (And Ralph)
Two nights ago, I slept atop two mattresses stacked on top of one another. I had taken the title role in the Princess and the Pea, so regally positioned was I several feet up from the floor of my Manhattan closet of a bedroom. The experience? Très cushy. Almost trop cushy. Last night, I took off my pretend tiara, removed the top mattress, and spent the night with just Ralph. The verdict: Ralph can get the job done alone.
Ralph, in case you haven't caught on, is a mattress. I had originally named him Fred, but his original owner, a friend of Soeur's, had suggested Ralph and so Ralph he became. (Apparently my newest hobby is assigning male names to inanimate objects in my life. In fact, in the photo above there's yours truly, Ralph covered in my comforter, and Pablo, my camera {+}.)
Since I won't be playing Princess anymore, my old mattress needs a new home. NYC donation centers are forbidden from accepting mattresses due to the fretful bedbug situation. I'd rather not toss it because it's so wasteful. I take such good care of my things; this mattress is in immaculate condition. There must be someone out there who can make use of a futon-style mattress. It's too bad. There are people out there who can't afford new mattresses (this one cost me more than $300 at Ikea!) but could manage $20 at the local Salvation Army. Hopefully Craigslist will work.
0 burbles:
Post a Comment