Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Saturday Night

How quickly something so great can turn into something not...

Like a kid in a candy shop, while scrolling through On Demand's offerings, I couldn't have been more excited when I spotted Bewitched on the movie menu.  It was Saturday night, I had the apartment to myself, and movie night was in order.  With nothing more than warm fleece and wool between myself and the screen, I snugly tucked myself into the couch cushion thinking just how wonderful it would be to spend a couple hours with twitching noses, a sweet daughter named Tabitha, an astronaut husband, and a tyrannical momma.  I was in for a perfect Saturday night.

Four minutes into my horror, two women started to, um, shall we say, get some action.  With one another.  Confused, I hit the info button to see that the movie I was presently viewing on The Movie Channel was Bewitched Housewives.

Ick.

So I returned to the main menu.  I spotted Hot Sex in the City a couple titles down.  Must be the title of the last movie.  I think that was the most recent one?  The one they filmed in the desert?  All right, then.  Carrie Bradshaw sure beats lesbian porn.

But instead of Carrie and her girls on the screen, there was some trashy woman groping herself in front of the camera.

Gross.

It was pretty obvious that Hot Sex in the City had absolutely nothing to do with the Sex in the City franchise.  I flipped back to the menu to figure out what I was doing wrong.  And there it was.  I was in The Movie Channel's Midnight Shows category.

Not.  My.  Proudest.  Moment.

0 burbles:

Post a Comment