Sunday, April 08, 2012

Left Foot, Right Foot

There was a blue sky and sun rays and budding branches all around, but it was still chilly enough to warrant a winter coat on Saturday.  After four hours of roaming around museums only to conclude that I still can't work Pablo as I should, I emerged from the impressive halls of the Met to make my way home.

I had no interest in doing my typical pedestrian dance weaving in and out of the moving maze of slow tourists.  When you have nowhere to be, what's the point of going as fast as you can?

So I slipped on my sunglasses and let my feet slowly carry me all the way down Fifth Avenue.  iPod wire reaching out from my right front pocket, all the way from the museum mile through crowded midtown shopping districts, one foot went obediently in front of the other.

There was a time, a very long time ago, when I couldn't imagine life without a car, when I couldn't fathom letting my driver's license expire for almost a full year.  My, how things can change and time can fly.

4 comments:

  1. I was one of the afore mentioned tourists on Saturday...my apologies. You have such a great city. Great post:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This place wouldn't be the hubbub without the tourists, so no apologies, please. You chose a great weekend to stop through. Hope you had fun!

      Delete
  2. Living in LA, I couldn't imagine walking everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, L.A. Warm and beautiful sounds heavenly.

      If you ever find yourself staying in this city for an extended stay, you also would enjoy getting the hang of walking everywhere.

      Delete