Friday, May 04, 2012

$1.50

Because there are 1.4 billion who do it every day;

Because I am of the privileged class that can choose to join this campaign;

Because it is enlightening to frame your life within a global context, next to your fellow humans;

I WILL BE EATING AND DRINKING ON A BUCK FIFTY EVERY DAY THIS COMING WEEK.  Yes, in Manhattan, a city where an iced latte runs $6 and a scone sets you back another $4.  From May 11th - 15th, I will Live Below the Line {+}.

I will probably be hungry;
Probably sluggish;
Probably moody;
Probably cranky;

...............................................................................................................................Probably humbled, too.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read about this and your experience with it.
    Amazing project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truth: Even thinking about next week makes me hungry, which I suppose is part of the point. Let me get busy counting my blessings and come up with a food plan. I see absolutely no fresh anything in the near future (I guess that's another point of the awareness element).

      Delete