Kiboshed
I can count on one hand the number of times I purchased something for myself in the past six months. The reason? I put the kibosh on spending. With a capital K. It's frugality by necessity. And it's been surprisingly hard on my ego.
It's not as bad as it could be. I have a generous sister. She brought home a sweater dress for me one night. Dinner another night. A movie another. Dinner again. Movie again. She gave me a darling pair of ballet flats this weekend. She said the color looked different online. A friend handed me a MetroCard. She said she has so many she doesn't know what to do with them. I certainly don't go without.
I threw out some old undies (as we who are hygienic are all wont to do every now and again) and figured I would replace them when I could. Kiboshed or not, today, armed with a long-forgotten Banana Republic Rewards Card, I strolled into the midtown Gap on Fifth Avenue and walked out with six new pairs of my favorite style undies. All for $1.98. You read right. The cashier couldn't believe it either. Like I said, I certainly don't go without.
There's nothing like a sweet deal to brighten your day. I'm glad your family and friends are looking out for you.
ReplyDelete